Friday, January 25, 2013

Onwards and upwards


I'm in a daze of sorts, with the feeling that something is coming but I'm not sure what, besides the fact that I am flying on a jet plane across the world. It feels like when there is a crazy roller coaster at an amusement park and you look at it and think, what do I have to lose, it’s not that big.. So you walk up the stairs and you realize how small you are in comparison to this huge piece of metal but no thought to turn back comes into your head, in fact you walk a little faster, wait in line for what seems like a lifetime and then all of a sudden you’re getting strapped in and the chances of getting stuck upside down or flying off the tracks come to mind but still you think I'm good its ok, it’s not even that bad anyways. So the buggy the starts trekking along slowly, butterflies are forming in your stomach but it doesn’t seem high at all. All of a sudden you’re at the top thinking WHAT WAS I THINKING I WANT TO GET OFF, THIS WAS A DUMB IDEA!!! It's too late to turn back though, you have no control over what happens next and the feeling of falling overcomes your body, flying through the air in all sorts of directions you cannot see but after a few twists and turns you’re at the beginning again, shaking with adrenaline and excitement ready to do it all again. So I go today full of faith and confidence leaving the past behind and looking forward with the anticipation of growing more in Christ, I am going to stay soak in everything that comes my way knowing God loves me and thus will refine my character so I can come to mirror his. Thank you for your prayers and coming with me through this journey for the next months.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:8-11

1 comment:

  1. Love you Beautiful Girl! So proud of you and excited! God is gonna do amazing things through you. May you have that assurance that He's got it, He will give you the strength, and the love to conitnue pressing on when things are hard. May Jesus bless your socks off!

    ReplyDelete